Thursday, July 27, 2006

Deep NL Borgata 500 Hand

Second session, first orbit, BB and UTG are Asian players with a lot of checks.Hero gets dealt AKo in MP. 2 limps to him, he raises to $25. Folded around, BB calls, UTG calls.
Flop comes A44. check, check, Hero bets $50, UTG raises to $100, folded, Hero calls. Thoughts?Turn is a 9o.
UTG insta-shoves, has Hero covered by 800.What would you do. You have no read other than what I've described. I called.

UTG Villain shows J4 sooooted for the winner. No 2-outer for me. Rebuy!
After rebuying, I was down another 200 to my last 180 [I was too lazy to get more cash and 380 was fine for this table, so down about 600 on the day. [won $100 at other table previously]

Haven't seen a hand in hours. See KJs on button, EP raises 15, Asian MP calls, I call. Yeah, I know. Flop comes AKJ 2-suited. Well, I'm certain no one has QT. EP bets 30, MP folds, I call intending to raise turn if no Q or T shows. Also hoping for FH, obviously. Turn is a brick, EP bets, I raise all-in, he insta-calls my last 130.With A9!
I like pokah, pokah's nice! So I double up. [No, he doesn't call this if I have 400 behind, he was bad, but not an idiot.]

He likely thought I was steaming after the J4s hand and then subsequent losses. 2 hands later I am in MP with my $370 or so. Get red AA. First pocket pair above 99 all day in several hours and 3 tables of playing. And the must-move table was 5-7 players for a long time. My brain is seized by a sudden attack of FPS, so I limp.
Stupid, stupid, I thought CO/Button would *surely* raise, but no. 5 players to flop.Flop comes AQ7 2-suited. I play g00t.
Checked to me, I check earlier Asian MP in Button, he bets $20, I call [why rush with a crippled deck?] BB calls, others fold. Turn is a brick. BB checks, I check, reading Villain as aggressive + decent hand, he bets $60, BB folds, I do my best DeNiro, staring at the board for 5 seconds, looking back at him, staring at board and then BB, finally call.

River is a T, no flush, I think for 10 seconds [new tell-neutralizing technique I use on the river] and shove. Villain debates for about 5 seconds, evaluating whether or not I am bluffing on a busted draw and figuring I can't have KJ again.
He calls, I flip, he mucks, MHIG. I like pokah. Down $60 on Thursday session total. Then we hit the craps table for some real gambling.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home