Friday, December 02, 2005

New Tight Strategy

Okay, here's the theory. You play online 3-4 tables.You sit at the NL500 [or 200 just adjust] and purposefully buy-in for $140. Yep.
You only play AA, KK, QQ, and AK. You shove every hand with these PF. Play no other hands.

[BB limps to you, we'll ignore for now.]Often, the pot will be $40-$60 already due to raisers/callers; on average.You shove. Say there were 2 limpers and a raiser, pot = 2+5+5+5+40. That's $57, but let's round to $60 for ease of math.

You shove for $140, a raise of 100, assume other players are normally stacked.Pot is now $200, he's getting 2-1 to call with presumably a good hand. In addition, other 'slowplayers' may come along for the ride - people who limped with JJ-99, or the blinds, etc.

Obviously with the above 4 hands, you will dominate most players who will call getting 2-1. Good times. For instance, *I* would call with AK at this point, and be dominated twice, tied once, race once. [Because I wouldn't know that's all you played.]
If you win, leave the table, start again elsewhere. If you lose, stay and rebuy. [Or leave, either way.]If all folded to you, sweet! You won $60 and now have $200. Repeat 1-2 more tries, if all fold, leave with your $150 or whatever, if called, see above. [n.b. I also gotta believe if you did this and showed down a huge pair each time, you could seriously steal the same people when you ran into them later, but that's not the reason for doing this. Side benefit.}

Given that you can do this online, and at several sites, this seems like a Dominating Strategy. {Particularly if you get one of those hands early, or more}. I think one could win $30/hr or more, if disciplined. Bankroll shouldn't be much of an issue, not going to be taking $1k-2k beats on one hand, or even one day [highly unlikely.]

Are you going to lose with AK to JJ and QQ to KK occasionally? Of course. But those losses will be de minimus in the long-run.

Thoughts?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW Hells_S ans. The other half and I just got back from our friends house (well her friends house) and I needed a huge break. I am working on a project right now that is based on poker chips set for sale. I have literally been on-line for 2-3 hours doing research. Even though New Tight Strategy really isn’t on the same page as poker chips set for sale I am certainly glad I came across your blog. There are a ton of great view points on this blog. Well I think I can here the kids screaming in the background. I put you in my internet favorites and I will certainly come back and visit. If you want to take a peek at my site you can find me here at poker chips set for sale. I update my site very frequently. Again, great job blogging and I will be back again soon!

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home