Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Borgata pre-dinner

New room is nice, there are 2 diff check-in areas depending on your game [NL and high-limit seem to be at the rear, keep going...] about 85 tables, now upstairs instead of in the horrific freezing cold down area with only 3 urinals for 65 tables, bathroom size is much better now.Some dealers and floor people obviously newbies, but only open 3 weeks so I assume they will get in gear or be canned. I didn't have any problems {I think*} but I did see one dealer miscount a all-in call which was corrected quickly by the players, as she didn't drag in the one guys chips for the call before counting the raise. [is there a term for that? there needs to be.]

Must move table I only won 1 pot in about 2 hours, QQ where I raised, bet flop, was called once, overbet turn because I didn't want him staying with me and I figured he'd raise all-in if I was beat and I could save a few chips, he folded. Pushed the draw out I guess.

Next table was down then nicely up, I get 97s in the blinds in a multi-way limped pot [this table had TONS of limpers, most I've seen in AC, many pots were 6-way to the flop or more] -Flop comes 7h7d6d. Nice. I check, MP bets 15, LP calls, I call. Turn is Ten of spades. I check, MP bets 50, LP calls, I call - std? River is 9d. Jackpot. Flush 'got there,' and 8 makes straight.Pot is about $225 now. MP leads $125. LP calls?!How to maximize profits here?
I think about making it 250 but decide on raising to $300, so they have to call 175 more getting 4.4-1. I am sure I will get at least one caller with that board.Shockingly, and for the only time at that table, 2 guys folded a big pot on the end. I don't show, obviously. I can only surmise there was a bluff and a low flush, or the straight and a bad flush out there. But I won't complain, that was a nice pot.

Leave table for dinner about an hour later, best hand so far was QQ, had 2 AK hands I had to fold on flop to heavy action. Other than that nothing above 77, no sets, no flushes or straights.

Been playing with a buddy and this guy in a "Hershey's" hoodie for a while, I thought he was solid, my friend thought he was bad when we compared notes prior to this hand.Hershey is in LP, has been raising my blinds *very* consistently throughout the day, I have had nothing to play back with, bluffed once and he raised flop so I let it go.
Hershey raises to 15 pf, Button calls, I call in BB with 97h.[4.2-1? Why not. But not with a worse hand here.]Flop comes Ah9c7d. Nice. I check.Hershey bets 15, Button calls, I raise to 35.

Hershey calls, B folds.Turn is a total blank. I check.Hershey bets 35, I check-raise him again to 100. He thinks, thinks, calls. River is an Ace. I check, he checks and shows AKo for the winner. I was totally amazed he thought his hand was good on the Turn. It's not like the 'double check raise after the flop' is a common move at this level with a bluff. I went to dinner shortly after that hand.

Net +$338 so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home